A foreigner shall be entitled to a stay of up to 90 days on the basis of short-stay visa (C Visa) or without a visa.
In such case, a foreigner may stay in Montenegro for 90 days during the period of 180 days counted from the date of first entry.
A foreigner who has resided in Montenegro for 90 days, may re-enter and reside in Montenegro after an expiry of the period of 180 days counted from the date of first entry.
A stay of up to 90 days may be cancelled for a foreigner if:
- He/she does not meet the requirements for entry and residence in Montenegro stipulated by the law;
- Required so due to the national safety and public order;
- Upon the expiration of the period for which the visa was issued;
- If returned to Montenegro on the basis of an international treaty due to an illegal stay (readmission);
- There is a reasonable suspicion that a stay will not be used for the reported purpose.
Making decision on a cancellation of stay of up to 90 days
The cancellation of residence shall be decided by the Police and the cancellation of a stay is entered in the foreign travel document. The decision defines the period within which a foreigner must leave the territory of Montenegro and could prescribe a ban on the entry into Montenegro.
The period of ban on the entry could be up to one year and shall be counted from the date of exit from Montenegro. An appeal against the decision may be filed to the Ministry, within eight days from the date of receipt of the decision. The enforcement shall not be postponed by an appeal.
The cancellation of residence shall apply on the basis of a visa for long-term stay (D Visa).